Tuesday, March 23, 2010

happy birthday Daddy!

"The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!"
Toasted Angle Food Cake
and
a Fruit Tart
I found these quotes, and thought I'd share them:

"A father is a source of strength,

A teacher & a guide,

The one his family looks up to

With loving trust & pride. . .

A father is a helper

With a willing hand to lend,

A partner, an advisor,

And the finest kind of friend.

"A Father means so many things...

A understanding heart,

A source of strength and of support

Right from the very start.

A constant readiness to help

In a kind and thoughtful way.

With encouragement and forgiveness

No matter what comes your way.

A special generosity and always affection, too

A Father means so many things

When he's a man like you.."


The Measure of a Father - A man is loved not for how tall he stands but for how often he bends to help, comfort and teach. anon


Daddy
A daddy and his daughters, walking hand in hand,
Though he can't spend much time with them,
They say they understand.
When he's at work or on a trip, the memory of him lingers,
The two girls smile, they know they have him
Wrapped around their fingers.
A slight tilt of their pretty heads, a smile, a lowered glance,
A hug and kiss and, 'Daddy please?'
He doesn't stand a chance!
In later years he will recall, with tenderness and love,
Two charming girls, with hands in his,
Two blessings from above." anon


"When i was born,

You were there to catch me when i fall, whenever and wherever.

When i said my first words,

You were there for me,

to teach me the whole dictionary if need be.

When i took my first steps,

You were there to encourage me on.

When i had my first day at school,

you were there to give me advice and help me with my homework.

I still haven’t finished school,

or walked down the aisle, or had my first child.

But i know you will be there for me through all these times and more, the good and bad." -- Louisa Mansfield



Dearest Daddy, I love you SO much!



3 comments:

Trisha said...

Beautiful words and such beautiful pictures. What a special day I'm sure he had, and I know your Dad is so blessed by the love and respect you and your whole family pour out on him daily. Hugs and miss you!

Spencer Mom said...

Caity, your love for your wonderful father shines through everyday, but thank you for taking the time to honor him in this way on his birthday. You are a great daughter!

Meghan said...

Great post Caity, I couldn't agree more. Much love from the Skeens Uncle Chris!