Monday, August 30, 2010

Sewing Project

Surprisingly over the summer I was able to start and finish a sewing project. I think Mom was worried I'd never get it done after I started it, but it is now complete and in use. What is it? It's a laundry basket.

We have had one of for several years that we have really like. It consists of a metal frame with a large rectangular fabric lining with two dividers. Over time and lots of wear and tear, the old one finally gave out, so I decided to try my hand at designing a new one. Here are the pictures.
Before:
It might be a little hard to see, but the corners were ripping off, and the sides were tearing and it wasn't holding up very well.
After:


4 comments:

Trisha said...

Awesome, Marissa! I want one, too!

Spencer Mom said...

Laundry contained, laundry room in order, happy momma. Thank you sweetie! It looks great and works great.

Tom Brainerd said...

The pink ribbons are a nice touch...

The Wells Family said...

Hey! Nice job! How much are you selling those for again???? JK. I love the color you picked too. :) you are very talented. If I tried to sew something like that....I
probably would have given up and stuck a trash bag in
each square... ;)