Friday, September 19, 2008

Quote #2

I'm reading Knowing God by J.I. Packer.  I'm only on chapter 2 but am already overwhelmed with the immensity of the wisdom contained, of course the subject matter is huge and so worth "knowing".  Here is a quote from Chapter 1 that was very meaningful to me as I struggle to really comprehend these thoughts and absorb the material I am reading/studying along with Caity in her Gileskirk Moral Philosophy study.

"Meditation is the activity of calling to mind, and thinking over, and dwelling on, and applying to oneself, the various things that on knows about the works and ways and purposes and promises of God. It is an activity of holy thought, consciously performed in the presence of God, under the eye of God, by the help of God, as a means of communion with God." - J.I. Packer, Knowing God, chapter 1


No comments: