Thursday, April 23, 2009

Florida- day 2

Alright so, I am finally getting around to posting about my trip to Florida. 

Sunday morning, Aunt Jan, her parents (Mr. and Mrs. Glass), Meghan, and I attended United Methodists Church. It was very different from our little Trinity Reformed Church. The vast majority of attendants were elderly where as our church is predominantly young 'uns. Also they had a choir (not a bad thing in my opinion), women ushers, and women leading prayer. *shudders ;) The sermon, however, was not bad. The pastor preached talked about the week leading up to the Last Supper, Crucifixion, and Resurrection.
I got to meet three of the Skeens relatives at Church. Mr. Glass' sister Mary Ester (Aunt Meme), Aunt Jan's cousin Cheri and her husband Bill. After Church, the Glass', Aunt Meme, and the New Mexicans went to a restaurant called Bob Evans. They have food similar to a Cracker Barrel. It was very yummy. 
Later that afternoon, Meghan and I made some little sandwiches to take over to the neighbors who were hosting a "get-together." The hostess was a very sweet, Christian lady who just loved talking Aunt Jan, Meghan, and I. After a while Meghan and I left to go swimming at the pool in the community. That night Meghan and I stayed up late (which we actually did every night) and watched some re-runs of the I Love Lucy Show. 

A beautiful lake as you drive in the subdivision 
Meghan on Sunday 

Me 


Each house had a screened-in porch. 


Aunt Jan and her mom, Dee

After swimming

1 comment:

Meghan said...

The food at bob evans was similar, but not quite Cracker Barrel. ;)

Ah, that was such a fun week. I'm sooo bummed I left my scrapbook at ya'll house. GRR. Me and my brain (or lack there-of)

I love you all so much,
Meghan