Thursday, April 23, 2009

This and That

Well, this is kinda a mix and match post.... lots of "random" happenings around the Spencer house. 

I guess I'll start with my favorite pics of my rapidly growing puppy! I can't believe she is 10 1/2 weeks old! 




Alrighty then...now we got that behind us...how about graduation...naw...Caity'll probably want to do her own post...huh Caity??? *hint hint*

Well then, the other day....yesterday in fact, I decided to give Taco Bell a run for their money. I made my own Crunch Wraps for our family. I think they turned out really well. =) They sure look purty. 



While we're on the topic of food...tonight our dear sweet Momma, selflessly boiled sweet corn and crawfish for our little southerners. =) Every one else at the table bore with the smells, sounds, and sights of these bottom dwellers so the boys could enjoy their treat. I wasn't too eager to pull the creatures apart lim by lim, nor did I desire to eat the innards, but I had Mark peal the shell off the tail of one and I ate it! It was pretty good. That's about the only part of a crawfish I would ever want to eat but it was good. =) I am posting pictures, so if you prefer not to see crawfish being eaten then view no further....(you probably wouldn't want to see the pictures of my frog dissection either).







Ok, and finally, I am posting pictures of my frog dissection. It was a really neat dissection! I throughly enjoyed it. Inside all the parts were different colors, but that may have something to do with the preservation process.  Russell (who was my faithful on-looker) and I explored ever inch of the frog and when we were done he was just a pile of skin and parts. =)



Honestly, I hope I did not gross anyone out...I find our life around here quite interesting and love to take pictures of it all, and I understand that some of you may not appreciate it.... let me know and I won't post such pictures again. =)

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Um, wow. I don't think I could handle watching the boys eat those. It's like watching that lady at Sarasota Jungle Gardens "eat" cockroaches. YUCK. However, I'm glad the boys got their Southern Treat. What a trooper Aunt Linda.

Mandy's getting so big. I noticed her black pillow in the back. :)

Love and hugs,
Meghan

Annina said...

That is one cool frog! I loved doing dissections. A warning though...don't cut open the air bladder on the fish when you get to that. It was soooooooo gross!!!

Love,
Annina