Friday, February 27, 2009

Some favorites

Here are some of my favorite quotes that I wanted to share with you all. =)

~"Don't compromise your standards because you want to look your best; look your best by upholding your standards." ~A  Rebelutionary (quote from the Modesty Survey)

~" You have so many extraordinary gifts, you can't expect to lead an ordinary life." ~ Marmie (Little Women)

~"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."~ Unknown

~"Meekness before God is not weakness before men. In fact such meekness and humility before God is essential if any man is to be truly used by God."~ Douglas Wilson

~"No life ever grows great unless it is focused, dedicated, and disciplined." ~ Unknown

~“I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything but I can do something. What can I do, I should do and, with the help of God, I will do!” ~Everett Hale

~"It is better for someone to think you to be a fool than you open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~Unknown


Hope you all enjoy quotes as much as I do. =) Have a wonderful weekend! 

4 comments:

Spencer Mom said...

Marissa, thank you for posting these. They were an encouragement to me! Love you!!!!

Unknown said...

I really loved these Marissa! Especially the one about being who you are because the ones who mind don't matter and the ones who matter don't mind. That one is really neat.

Anonymous said...

Those are some really neat quotes, Marissa! I especially liked the one by Everett Hale! Thanks!

Persevero,
Scribe

Stacey Vigilante said...

I love those, I have a few of them already. Here is another of my favorites;
"We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties."

Oswald Chambers